A Lost Friendship


Sometimes life is a constant battle with nostalgia of a time that can't be real again! 
Memories linger and remind me of the secrets and smiles we shared. 
That was a carefree and happy time, 
Where we were unaware of the upcoming twists and turns 
And the miles of separation that destiny had in store for us.

I have sweet memories of us. 
Walking hand in hand, off to to play basketball.. 
Learning lessons on and off the court. 
I still think of the times of us sharing and caring and innocently loving, 
I believed then that it would last a lifetime. 

To this day I treasure the little gifts that we exchanged with our meagre pocket moneys. 
We dreamed so many dreams for us, 
Of our lives and of changing the world together. 
The dreams have been modified with reality, and life is not exactly as we planned it to be, 
Yet I hope yours is close enough to your dreams. 

Today, it is not the memories that hurt.. 
But the realisation that there shall be no more.
For in the short time I spent with you, 
I formed a bond so strong that the threads of it still hold firm to this day. 
I fear forming others like them, for I cant think of losing them again. 

The pain never subsides. 
The reasons for why we lost this beautiful friendship is still unknown to me. 
But I ponder over it no longer.
It has been almost two decades that we were as in my memories. 
And life has since moved on.

We are no longer the young girls with dreams in our eyes and fire in our bellies, 
taking on the world around us. 
I know not what your life is like, only what little I hear from others..
I hear you are well and happy. 
I hope that life is still keeping your vibrant smile on your face.
I am happy to see you have a beautiful life filled with people who love and care for you, 
And many more who admire and encourage you. 

I continue to love you, quietly, 
Without anyone's knowledge of how valued our friendship is to me.
Even I don't know why I still hold on.
Maybe for the way you made me feel
Or because you made me a better person. 
I will always quietly turn to you for guidance, 
and always follow the little things I learnt from you. 

For it is you who taught me patience 
and from you I learnt forgiveness and compassion. 
You are the one who taught me to listen 
and it is from you that I also learnt to speak for myself. 
Your kind heart and honest words taught me that I did not need to be someone else to be accepted, 
You taught me to accept myself. 

You are a powerful woman today. 
I am proud of you 
You will always hold a piece of my heart. 
And I will always say my silent prayers for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the three angels of my life..

Bringing home a pet for your kids

Kanyadaan - Giving away a daughter